Departmental awards and scholarships are presented by the aGES faculty at the department's annual awards banquet in April.
To be eligible for these merit-based awards, a student must be taking a full-time load of aGES courses and be making reasonable progress toward graduation. Substantial factors in determining scholarship and award winners are enthusiasm, academic achievement, and promise as a professional. Definitions of academic class (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.) are those specified in the Undergraduate Bulletin. Please note that several of these scholarships require applications.
aGES gives a number of scholarships to Geology and Environmental Science majors. The number of scholarships and the amount that is awarded varies year-to-year due to variations in the output of the endowment.
aGES gives a number of awards to Geology and Environmental Science majors. The awards are presented at the spring banquet. Awards vary year-to-year, but usually include some sort of appropriate prize.
aGES has several outeach and tutoring opportunities for majors.
Consider scholarships offered by the College. Visit the college website to see qualifications for each scholarship offered. For questions or more information, contact Dr. Dru A. Henson (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Associate Dean or visit College of Arts and Sciences scholarships.
- Sally A. Callegari Memorial Scholarship for Gender Diversity in Animal Studies
- Drs. Joanne Smith and Don R. Brannon Scholarship for Natural Sciences
- Richard A. Thomas Memorial Scholarship for Arts and Sciences
- Jonathan K. Perryman Memorial Scholarship for the Sciences
- GlaxoSmithKline Women in Science Scholarships
- The Peggy Harmon Shore Pre-Health Care Professional Endowed Scholarship