Ms. Mallard has taught at Appalachian since 2004. Laura teaches introductory geology courses and labs and is the department's liaison with the College of Education. Laura also advises students in the teaching concentration degree program in Earth and Environmental Science. When she is not in the GES Department, Laura runs River and Earth Adventures with her husband, Grant Seldomridge. Although her company is not affiliated with the department, it does occasionally hire students and members of the department as guides and prides itself on eco-education.
Laura was included in the Remarkable Women of the High Country series in 2017.
- B.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- M.S., University of Vermont
- GLY 1101 - Introduction to Physical Geology
- GLY 1103 - Introduction to Environmental and Applied Geology
- GLY 1104 - Water: Mountains to Sea
- GLY 1105 - Oceanography
- GLY 3703 - Issues in Environmental Geology
Title: Senior Lecturer: Geoscience Education
Department: Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
Email address: Email me
Phone: (828) 262-7517